Hot oils degrade by thermal cracking and oxidation. The two by-products of oil degradation is sludge and coke due to carbon build-up. These products can collect through-out your system but specifically in pump seals and internals, valves, etc. that result in equipment problems and possibly eventual system breakdown. The continuous contaminant build-up without proper filtration can also be detrimental to heating surfaces of your system, thereby reducing heat transfer efficiency.
The other important factor to consider is additional cost entailed from more rapid hot oil breakdown. This can include not only increased hot oil replacement but higher labor man-hours due to increase maintenance and repair time and the cost of replacement parts such as seals, valves, rotors, and mag-drive canisters thereby costs can quickly become considerable.
For additional information on our new Hot Oil Filtration Systems or any of our Non-Toxic MultiTherm® Heat Transfer Fluids or product Fluid Analysis contact MultiTherm by calling 1-800-225-7440.
- Extend Service Life of the Hot Oil
- Reduction of System Maintenance
- Reduction of Wear & Tear on Seals
- Improve Heat Transfer Efficiency
- Reduces Sludge Build-up thereby Improving viscosity of fluid
- Design for Operation up to 650 F
- Swing-bolt Lid for Easy Cartridge Change out
- Improved Flow-rates/throughput due to reduced contamination build-up
Cartridges & Flow Rate
- 1 Cartridge – 15 GPM
- 3 Cartridge – 45 GPM
- 4 Cartridge – 60 GPM
- 6 Cartridge – 90 GPM
Available Cartridge Sizes
- 100—150 Micron
- 75 Micron
- 40 Micron
- 30 Micron
- 20 Micron
- 15 Micron
- 10 Micron